Brittany Molnar-
I think the movie Raising Helen was a really good choice about the transformation from a girl to a woman. I love how this displays some very true tough choices that we have to go through in order to grow up. I like how you summarized the plot of the movie and then went on to describe how it applies to the prompt. I would have like to see a little more support on your claims but I definitely agree that Kate Hudson represents all of those stereotypical “Wild Woman” characteristics. Wish I could review your October 1st post, but I look forward to reading more of your Gender and Sexuality unit posts.
Lauren Petrovich-
Mr. and Mrs. Smith is a great representation of a wild woman under wraps. She represents the role of a housewife but during the day but is the exact foil as she is a hardcore assassin at work. I love how you worked in the comparisons Sleeping with the Enemy because it really does show a fearless and empowered woman. In regards to your post about D’Emillio’s article, you brought up some interesting points about the effects of the birth rates on projected job opportunities. I think it is interesting that these social networks will create revenue that will also boost the economy. All in all I enjoyed your take on the changes of society and the changes in the economy and how that will change the “American Family”.
Victoria Presley-
I love how you picked Crossroads as the movie you decided to critique. It really does compare to the story of Thelma and Louise. You found some strong points that draw the two together like the fact that in both cases the women leave behind their boring live to pursue a better opportunity all on their own. This sends a very important message that “real woman change their lifestyle to get where they want to be” Would have loved to read your post from October 1st, but I look forward to reading your next posts.

No comments:
Post a Comment