I really tried to put out constructive criticism, I hope this helps you select the posts you use on your next paper! I also noticed we all had some formatting errors, something to think about!
Victoria:
MEN!!
I loved how you could apply the topics to many aspects of your life. I agree that Tannen’s ideas will help with my relationships with the men in my life. I did find a few errors that could have been fixed with a quick read through, but I am just as guilty as rushing to post my blog as well. A little more support through out would have made for a stronger post, but you certainly painted a picture I can relate to!
One Mate, One Marriage
I enjoyed reading this post, I certainly agree with your main points. I think it is very important to look back to the assignment at hand. We are supposed to take an evolutionary perspective and not just reflect. I know I struggled with this at first because my opinion on the subject got in the way. Although your opinions are interesting I would have like to see you support your claims with more text from the book and take a more scientific approach. Again, I saw few typos here and there that will easily be resolved by rereading your writing.
Lauren-
Emotional Women, not so Emotional Men
I think you were very success with this assignment in describing your experience and using Tannen’s methods to help fix them. I know I can relate to your situation. I think to be fair we have to point out that men can be emotional too, they just handle it differently than women. The only corrections I would make would be to add a few more sentences to really wrap up your thoughts. Another thing I noticed is that when you insert a quote you don’t need to capitalize the first word unless is starts your sentence.
‘Till Death do us Part
I loved how you used the scientific information to shape your argument. I will say I was little confused about the second paragraph. I think you just need an introductory sentence to introduce your main idea here. I felt the third paragraph was the best combination of science and opinion. I completely agree that society has shaped marriage into something it was never intended to be. I think you really used the text to support your claims and were very successful in responding to the prompt.
Brittany-
Women Can Drive Too-
Well first of all I completely agree. It is interesting how men and women argue and I think it was a great topic for this piece, especially when we are looking at communication. What better way to look at difference in men and women than in a fight? I think your introductory paragraph could use some work on the flow. I think the ideas didn’t really flow well or introduce your main point very clearly. All in all I love your topic and I wish you luck with your next argument J
Should we mate for life?
I think for this piece it is important to build on your ideas. You definitely developed an argument, and I loved how you played “devils advocate”. The only thing is you really need to fully express your opinion along side the facts. I did notice a few citation issues. I know Professor Patel suggested a blog to reference as a guild in an earlier post. I loved how you pulled from a lot of different topics from the reading as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment