Victoria-
For the post on 10/13 I am assuming you were responding to p310 #1. I like how you separated out your response into an intro, a summary, and a response. I really liked the way you lead into this but I would have like to see more details in the second paragraph and more focus on the ramification in paragraph three. I think your flow was nice, this piece was just lacking a little attention to detail. Great ideas!
In regards to your 10/15 post, you have a great understanding of the argument at hand here. I think my main suggestion is to fully respond to the prompt. I think you could use a few specific examples from the text and then argue the other side. You make some great points, like that “it really just depends on your own views are, and where you fall in this argument.” I think that personal opinion can skew this information in many directions, guess we’ll ever have an answer.
Brittany-
10/13
I’m assuming the prompt you are answering here is on p310 # 1. I think you handled the first part of the prompt well when you discuss the traditions of our culture. I especially like the idea of your concluding sentence that say , “with this being said maybe humans don't really fall in love but more so fall into a mating ritual, that as soon as your ready to settle down is when your brain tricks you into thinking your in love.” I think it would have benefited you to write more about the affects of changing these beliefs on our society, as directed in the prompt. You are on the right tract with this one but a little more information from the text and fallowing the directions of the prompt could have really boosted this entry’s efficiency.
I’m not seeing a post from 10/15 to review here
When I went back it loaded, sorry about that
I loved how you picked the article on Hyenas. I think your piece was very informative and brought up another side to this very complex argument. I felt this post was done really well and I think it is one of the best ones I have read by you in this section. I think you can use a lot of the facts on your argument essay if you decide to talk about gender.
Lauren-
10/13
You did such a great job attending to all the points in the prompt. Your intro and summary are great and your transitions went smoothly. I think you put a lot of thought into your response and as a reader, and I truly appreciate that. You balanced support from the text with your ideas very well. For example I loved how you used arranged marriages as a change that would really affect our ideas of romance. I completely agree with your last paragraph that a lot of this is biologically predetermined but in the end we have free will!
10/15 - I think this is p 339 “class discussion, right?
I think your summary of the argument from both sides was very effective. I love how you connected the idea of what is normal and what is natural and how these arguments can be used to condemn peoples actions. I think when you say, “our culture teaches every person what is natural, and since there are differences in cultures, there will be differences on naturality” you have a really good start for an great argument. What is natural for human beings should be consistent through out the different cultures since we are all one species. Great job, I always enjoy reading your posts, especially because I can see the effort you put into them!

Hey sorry I didn't know you were doing your review right now, I just saw that my post for 10/15 didn't actually post for some reason so i'm re doing it right now. sorry about that
ReplyDeleteoh no big deal I thought it was my computer, and it's my fault for going too early! I edited my post :)
ReplyDelete