Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Week 2 Blog Reviews

Lisa Dennard:

Unable to critique

Lori Robertson:

In the blog “First Impression” I completely agree that in a traditional classroom there is much more opportunity to commit many more social mistakes, however I disagree that our introductions online are limiting. I see many more opportunities to portray myself online rather than in person, even though I think it permits us to be a little artificial. Certainly there is less room for social error, thanks to spell check and other technological aids! In regards to the post “Can we be good without God” I would have liked to hear more on your opinions when it comes to the formation of our systems that you wrote about in the first few paragraphs. Your take on the prevalence of religion in society is spot on.

Mary Holtz:

I can completely relate to the judgment we make about how people appear and interact in a traditional classroom. It is just impossible not to form opinions about the people when you have the opportunity to overhear their conversations and see how they act when they don’t know anyone is watching. I agree that the best part of the online class is reading everyone’s opinions and not just trying to impress a professor with a well though out question. In the “Bad with God” post I agree that with a touchy subject like this the statement “faith is personal” just fits. And as far as making decisions without asking God, I agree that we can absolutely make good decisions or bad decisions, it’s all part of free will. I thought your perspective as a student who went through the Catholic school system was an interesting point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment