These Words They Are My Own
First off, I love your festive background! I am also majoring in SHS and love how you have so many other interests like human development or Dance, your well roundedness shows in your blogs too. Even from the beginning I noticed you are a storyteller! From “Self” to “Yes We Can” I can sense this style or writing, which really helps the reader get to know your voice.
I like the ideas your proposed in “So…Can They” I think you made a great argument and supported it with the text. I think everyone’s “Consciousness” articles are great because we all have different definitions and opinions about it. Your post about “The Men of Glee” was also affective. They really explore gender roles and clichés in this series and your explained it perfectly. I think you could apply your ideas about gender roles and stereotypes seen in TV to an essay if you haven’t already explored this for a paper. This also links to “Heterosexual Idealism” and the influence of Media on the homosexual community. I know American media has changed drastically. You may want to look at if media fallows the expansion of homosexuals or if more homosexuals come out because of the acceptance in the media, could make an interesting paper topic as well.
“Evolution of Relationships” was also interesting. I can tell it is something that interests you just by how you explain things. I think the points you bring up in your final paragraph are interesting and new ideas other people might not have thought about before. You can also link your idea of choosing a partner with the same goals as you have to your “My Chemical Romance” blog. You have great support to your ideas. More recently “Two Views, One Country” was very interesting and detailed. I think over the past few months you have really developed your tone and direction in your blogs, good luck on your final!

No comments:
Post a Comment