Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 10 blog reviews

Victoria:

Your piece The Smiths was super dark but I loved it. I definitely didn’t see that ending coming. You did a really good job developing each character and explaining your story. Your tone was interesting and kept me engaged. It was an interesting read, good job.

In We Have a Choice you raise some interesting questions about who decides what we listen to and ultimately I agree it is up to us, the listener. Everyone has the right to express him or herself no matter the content. I completely agree, anyone can change the radio station, or bypass a CD with parental advisory stickers. Critics are not responsible for what we purchase, we are. I think companies do their best to notify listeners and parents of explicit content and that is really all they owe us because lets face it, sex sells.

Kayla:

Your blog The Blow Out really tells a very funny and unexpected story. It’s funny how things like this happen. Thankfully it all turned out okay, but it is ironic how things like this happen. I like your story telling style in this piece and it was a fun read. I liked this prompt because it really let us be more creative.

In Oct 29th Blog about music, lyrics, and sexuality you bring up some great points. It is like music has a whole other set of standards. Some of the most popular songs are speaking badly about women, but girls love them too. I know I am guilty of singing along, but when you think about what is being said, it is a little upsetting. I definitely agree our culture makes these songs acceptable and even popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment