Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 11 Blog Reviews

Victoria Presley-

Very interesting piece on immigration- I loved how you made this personal by adding information from your grandma. You’re writing style is great my only concern is with your citations. I know for your primary source, your grandma, you didn’t site her like the Hult book explains. Also, your second paragraph seems a little barrowed and could use some in-text citations. I liked how you wrapped up with a personal view though, it really supported your claims. The flow of your writing and organization is good, just work on your citations! Your materialism piece was well thought out and planned. You also brought up great points about credit and materialism as it relates to happiness. Both blogs were very interesting as always!

Kayla Smith-

As far as the Twitchell response, I like how you really took on a pro vs. con approach to this blog. I think in both paragraphs you brought up great points and applied the texts to your opinions. I think you did a great job shaping your argument here. In the Immigration Blog, you did a good job in summarizing some key issues with Native Americans and then adding your opinion. Although the summary was pretty condensed, you still hit on major areas. I think the only thing that would have improved your facts here would be to support them with quotes and information from a primary or secondary source. Always great to read your blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment